Friday, August 17, 2007

Is Superbad that bad?



I recently went to the midnight premier of Superbad. The movie starred Jonah Hill of Accepted, Knocked Up, and even a had a short cameo in 'The 40 Year-Old Virgin' as the lovable kid at the eBay store. It also stars Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and co-stars Bill Hader and Seth Rogen (Co-writer and star of Knocked Up).

This vulgar and raunchy teen comedy tells the story of 3 adolescent boys trying to live out their last day as High-Schoolers too the fullest. Despite some negative criticism, I believe this movie delivered exactly what it intended to; gut-busting laughs, excessive foul language and sexual content, and mostly an in depth look at what the average teenage male is subdued to while under the urges of hormones. Furthermore, I think Superbad is another link in a chain of cult comedy classics from the same guys that brought you 'The 40 Year-Old Virgin' & 'Knocked Up'.

I don't give this movie 5 stars, I give it 5 1/2. In my opinion, this is my idea of a great summer comedy but don't take my word for it, go see it.

1 comment:

IDILL said...

funny movie....made my day...